This weekend is the second weekend of the Perdido Soccer Shootout hosted by Snap Soccer and Perdido Bay FC. While this girls took to the FST fields last weekend, the boys take their turn March 13 – 14.
The event will bring boy club soccer teams from around the Southeast to compete in divisions ranging from U9 – U19. Having separate boys and girls weekends allows for multiple divisions per age group, which ups the competition. Tournament Director Zack Touchstone said the tournament is a breath of fresh air after a tough year.
“We are actually up in registration this year,” Touchstone said. “Boys weekend will mark one year since our first COVID cancelation.”
Last year was not only Snap’s first cancellation after the pandemic, it was Foley Sports Tourism’s first cancellation as well. FST Event Operations Coordinator Chad Raybon said while the challenge is far from over, the organization has never felt so strong.
“It’s hard to believe it’s been a year, sometimes it feel much longer,” laughed Raybon. “I think that while we face a global pandemic and a devastating hurricane in a single year, our team has never been more determined. We were lucky to have partners like Snap who joined us in our mantra of ‘what can we do’. When you stopped asking what you can’t do and start asking how you call pull things off there’s no stopping you.”
The Perdido Soccer Shootout Boys Weekend will run all day both Saturday and Sunday. For more on this or any FST events visit our events page.